Monday 15 October 2012

Autumn

I haven't posted anything on this blog in a really long time now. And I have to admit that I've sort of missed it. But what can I say, I'm a busy person. There are too many things in this world trying to control me. Too many demanding things. Or maybe not too many, just many. They can't be too many because I have the power to choose most of those things, and I won't let too many things control me. No more than I can handle, anyway.
 
What have I been up to lately? Welcoming the autumn, of course. Welcoming the autumn by doing ordinary autumn things. Like reading Voltaire's Candide Ou L'optimiste, catching up on the latest Neighbours episodes, drinking way too much tea and coffee, (not) party, hunt animals for warm winter clothes, watch more Neighbours, catch up on political stuff that I don't really understand...and so on. And also rebuilding my igloo for the winter (yes, here in Iceland we actually live in igloos - unfortunately, they always melt in the summer. But what'yo gonna do 'bout it? Start from scratch and build a new one, of course). And while doing all that, I also make time to watch Neighbours once in a while.
 
These photographs are from around this time last year. I took them myself and I'm quite proud of them. I think they're pretty, and I didn't retouch them at all - they're all natural.
 

 




 
 
 
 
 
What is your favorite thing about autumn?
Have you started looking forward to Christmas yet? I haven't (yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment