Saturday 25 February 2012

Happiness is finding beauty in small, everyday things


 Bon Iver - For Emma

I'm happy. I'm happy because this morning I woke up early and wasn't tired at all. I'm happy because despite the increased amount of snow outside, I could feel the bright sun tickle my nose from outside the windows in my living room and feeling the whole world around and my entire body slowly warm up.

The morning sun shining through the windows at my school,
the morning after my class pulled an all-nighter last weekend to study french.
Good times.

I'm happy because this morning I had all the time in the world for myself to relax with a cup of coffee and some breakfast; peach youghurt and a banana. I'm happy because I realized my lovely and amazing dad bought some freshly new clementines yesterday. We need our vitamin C in the cold and dark winters. And I love their sweet taste. I'm happy because he also remembered to buy more of the mint tea that I like so much.


Because I'm happy, I decided to go for a walk. It's something I've wanted to do for months, but being the anti-snow person I am, I never found the motivation to kick my butt out the door. But today felt just right to do something different. And to my surprise, it wasn't nearly as bad as it was cracked up to be in my head. I might even do it again. It makes me happy.

Brooke Fraser - Scarlet

No comments:

Post a Comment